Boost up your business with open source RAD technology. RAD provides a framework to lower development costs, faster delivery, fewer errors, and happier clients.
If you are looking to speed up your development processes using RAD software and your focus is on turnover, then this blog post is for you.
In this quick-paced world, it becomes quite hard to meet ever-changing software development needs. First, software development teams need to make sure of the frequent deliveries. Second, the prototype of any application gives a complete idea of the whole project, hence prototyping is another factor. Third, teams are now considering customer feedback the most important part throughout the development lifecycle.
To address these and some other important aspects, the rapid application development approach has gained much popularity. However, there are many RAD software available to meet the speed of growing business and client needs.
In this blog post, we will go through the following points.
- What are prototyping and rapid application development??
- What is RAD methodology?
- Benefits of RAD software?
What are prototyping and rapid application development?
The rapid application development approach is focused less on strict planning and more on development. It is very close to the agile software development approach. Unlike the Waterfall model, it is flexible and supports revisions at any stage.
Developers can make adjustments and enhancements in any development process. There are regular sprints of development and bug fixing to deliver earlier releases.
The main concepts of RAD are reusability and prototyping. Rapid application development emphasizes on modularity and components based architecture. RAD also relies on consistent communication among the stakeholders involved in the whole process.
What is RAD methodology?
RAD methodology consists of the following phases.
In the first phase, stakeholders sit together and finalize the initial requirements. They do not spend weeks or month rather they just collect the gist of the requirements and starts development right away. However, there is always room to work on the new requirements at any stage to meet customer use cases.
After the initial requirements are in place, the next step is to build a prototype of the product. This prototype gives an idea of the whole product. Development teams also call it MVP which is a lightweight early version of the application.
Once the prototype has been developed, the next phase is to present this prototype to the client. The client observes every aspect of the application and gives his/her feedback. RAD developers then analyze this feedback to bring improvements or modifications.
Continuous Development And Testing
In this phase, RAD teams tend to perform continuous cycles of development and testing. This phase ensures that everything is in the right direction and aligned with the client’s needs. In addition, developers keep developing new features and release versions of the product with the latest features and documentation.
Benefits of RAD software?
Let’s see what are the benefits we can get by adopting rapid application software.
- Flexibility – Open source prototyping software (RAD) is flexible enough to incorporate any change at any stage.
- Speed – RAD tools help developers to speed up the development and deployment processes to make deliveries on time.
- Cost – Developers always stay aligned with the requirements and hence, they build exactly what they have been asked for. So, nothing more nothing less, and eventually no extra cost.
- Code Reuse – This is the biggest advantage, as this approach is based on modules and components. Therefore, developers enjoy the reuse of existing code for the new functionalities.
- Utmost Client Satisfaction – Due to the highest level of communication and collaboration, customer satisfaction increases. As there is a very low possibility of detraction because of strong cooperation.
Regardless of the platform, there are several open source rapid application development software that offers cross platform capabilities with development tools. This is the high time to adopt this cost effective and robust approach to develop production-ready business software.
Relevant Product Pages
You may find the following links relevant: